Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D600 AE-L/AF-L button for Auto Focus issues and "?'s"

cwb1014

US
13 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D600 AE-L/AF-L button for Auto Focus issues and "?'s""

cwb1014 Registered since 05th May 2013
Tue 25-Jun-13 08:27 PM

Great topic and discussion. Let's say I spot auto focus on whatever I want to be in sharpest focus in my final image by pressing the shutter release half way down, then recompose the shot before pressing the shutter fully to actually take it, and do this with VR turned on. With respect to focus, as I understand it, this should have the effect of maintaining focus on whatever I spot focused on before I recomposed, and, based on my experience, it certainly appears to. But what effect does this process have on VR? Since VR was activated when I pressed the shutter half way down to spot focus and I then moved the camera to recompose with the shutter release still pressed half way down, have I lost the VR benefit on the recomposed shot inasmuch as I moved the camera to a new position? If so, how can I reactivate VR without giving up the focus I acquired before recomposing?

Many thanks in advance for any help that anyone can offer here.

This is a hot, active topic! D600 AE-L/AF-L button for Auto Focus issues and "?'s" [View all] , cocadori , Wed 30-Jan-13 12:28 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D600 AE-L/AF-L button for Auto Focus issues and "?'...