Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Is it worth upgrading from D90 to D600?

vladiator

Auckland, NZ
129 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Is it worth upgrading from D90 to D600?"

vladiator Silver Member Nikonian since 01st Jan 2009
Mon 28-Jan-13 10:19 PM

Thank you for your opinions, everyone. Yes, Stan, I will hold on to my family, hehe.

Having thought about it further, I think that at this stage D600 is definitely more of a "want" than a "need". Especially since I have not actually spent much time using my new FX lenses on my D90 to see how the quality will improve as compared to my previous lenses. As a consequence, it may be prudent for now to stick with D90 and see how my new lenses will perform - I might be perfectly satisfied with the results.

As such, the money would probably be better spent on getting a better tripod(I understand that my Manfrotto 190PRO will not be able to handle 24-70mm and especially 70-200mm).

One dilemma which I will face if I stick with my D90 is what super-wide lens to buy (which is a lens I am currently lacking). I would want to complete the Holy Trinity by buying 14-24mm, but I understand that it is not that wide on DX. At the same time, I am a bit hesitatnt buying a DX lens, in case I will move to FX camera in the future...

Oh, those pleasant Nikon ownership and NAS problems!

A general, generic topic Is it worth upgrading from D90 to D600? [View all] , vladiator Silver Member , Sun 27-Jan-13 08:07 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Is it worth upgrading from D90 to D600?