I do not disagree with you. In fact, I agree with what you said. Firstly, I will have to cross that proverbial bridge of selling my beloved D700. Lastly, I do not think that I can get $1,300 for the D700. Imho, I’ll be lucky to get $1,100 - $1,200, which means netting $1,000 - $1,100 after the selling costs are factored in. In other words, I will have to sell the D700 before purchasing the D600 and not the other way. In addition, the D7000 has been discounted $200 by B&H - the successor might be around the corner.
Sooner or later I will have to close the doors for upgrades. I do not know if it is after or before getting a D600. At this time, I’m not really in a hurry to make that decision. What I’ve seen of the D600 is a better camera but not light years ahead of the D700, but commonality of use is a major pull for the camera.
Nikonians is our Safe Port and Home in the World Wide Web - Participate as a Full Family Member.
Leica Q - Fujifilm X-T2 (~ October) - Nikon D5500 (IR) - Nikon D750 Member since 2007 - Previous User Name: Ramesses (2035 posts) A combined total of 2735+ posts and counting. "Photography is like a box of chocolates; you never know what you're gonna get." Forrest Gump - The Photo Reviewer.