Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
briarrose

US
5 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Amazon D600 E-mail"

briarrose Registered since 11th Sep 2012
Wed 19-Sep-12 03:47 AM | edited Wed 19-Sep-12 06:25 PM by briarrose

I've never dealt with Amazon concierge but have been a prime member for a couple of years & it has really spoiled me. I only pre-ordered through B&H because Amazon recently started charging sales tax, and the $170 price difference was worth forgoing the 2-day prime shipping.

The only real bummer is that B&H has been closed for a holiday the past few days, so I'm hoping to receive some sort of shipping notification tomorrow. Which means I probably won't see my D600 until next week since I opted for the 5-7day free shipping. I keep telling myself that a couple of days isn't worth $170 but it's hard to wait.

UPDATE: At 11am on 9-19-12, my order status on B&H showed the order had been sent to the warehouse for processing; just before lunch I received an email with a tracking number. The tracking number isn't showing up on UPS yet, so I'm guessing the order is processed & waiting for UPS pickup at B&H's warehouse. Standard shipping says 6-8 business days, so that would put delivery at middle of next week.

I am kicking myself for opting for the free shipping, not because of the wait, but I didn't realize that B&H can opt between regular UPS ground & UPS Super Saver, which is where UPS gets the package to the local post office, then the final delivery is handled by the USPS. I have had problems with this type of shipping before - once the package hits the post office, it's not really trackable any more. Plus I have had packages returned to the sender due to "incorrect address" despite the fact that I use my in town office address that has daily mail delivery & daily UPS visits. There was no option to pick up the package at the post office; just an email after it had been returned.

This is a hot, active topic! Amazon D600 E-mail [View all] , Garys , Sun 16-Sep-12 05:46 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Amazon D600 E-mail