Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D600 electrical problem or software glitch?

EYeye

FORT WORTH, US
405 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D600 electrical problem or software glitch?"

EYeye Silver Member Nikonian since 16th Sep 2012
Fri 18-Jan-13 09:29 PM

Well..........I contacted a couple of gurus and considering ALL the advice, both from them, and what I have seen here (& at DPreview), the D600 will go back to Nikon with an even switch for it and the "kit" lens as soon as another kit version arrives at Fort Worth Camera.

I expect I am fortunate that this glitch happened right out of the box, and to the camera salesman at the counter, and he vividly recalls how embarrassing this was with the store full of folks looking at the then brand new D600. So, no problem with the Nikon tech being unable to replicate the problem. The diopter refusing to adjust is just icing on that cake, and hence my decision to switch bodies (and lens). I was reluctant, because mine has not had dust/oil issues and the lens was fine, with no need of finetuning (which is hard on a zoom).

Fort Worth Camera will then check and fine tune as necessary ALL my lenses. Afterward, I'll be out shooting again, likely as happily as before.

EYeye

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic D600 electrical problem or software glitch? [View all] , Beth E , Thu 17-Jan-13 01:30 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D600 electrical problem or software glitch?