Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D600 electrical problem or software glitch?

Beth E

US
3 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"D600 electrical problem or software glitch?"

Beth E Registered since 05th Jan 2013
Thu 17-Jan-13 02:30 PM

Cross posted in another forum because I would like to make a decision today on this issue. I am trying to gather all the information I can.

I purchased a D600 w/kit lens during the two week special pricing event around Christmas. I have shot with it on three separate outings and have noticed that the camera freezes and locks up. Has anyone else experienced this? Specifically, if I review images on the camera LCD the screen will go black when this happens. I can not maneuver to any other screen. I can not even turn the camera off. If I turn it to "off" it still remains "on" and stuck. I have to remove the battery to get it to power off.

I have not noticed the dust issue. I have not specifically looked for it but have not noticed any problems in day to day shooting. This camera has excellent and precise AF so I am reluctant to send it back as I had a horrible experience with D7000 AF and Nikon never fixed it properly after 3 attempts.

My window for return to B&H stands at about a week. I could return it for another D600 or return it for the D800. I just don't know what this issue means? Is it electrical or a software glitch? Would it get worse over time or only happen occasionally? Suggestions?

BE

A general, generic topic D600 electrical problem or software glitch? [View all] , Beth E , Thu 17-Jan-13 01:30 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D600 electrical problem or software glitch?