Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Is the D600 considered a Pro Body?

John Cerra

Westfield, US
214 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Is the D600 considered a Pro Body?"

John Cerra Silver Member Nikonian since 12th Sep 2006
Thu 17-Jan-13 02:13 AM

I would think that a D600 is a pro capable body for an "art" photographer, since the sensor is arguably only bettered by the D800 and D800E. That said, there is nothing at all wrong with the D4 and all the D3 sensors, and they come attached to bigger/faster/stronger body parts. You could easily shoot the best picture of you life with a D600 and it may be the most challenging in terms of needing dynamic range or high ISO. That is why I bought it.

But it is humbled a bit, at least I think so, when I am shooting HS basketball (as a favor to the school, not for payment) and the players are so fast they run through the AF. (Meaning they are running at me...shot 1 is in focus, shot 2 is not, shot 3 is in focus, shot 4 is not.) My guess is a D4 handles that. But this is a hobby, and I am not spending that much money on a body.

What does it do that a D7000 doesn't? The question is what does it do better. Better AF, better high iso, better dynamic range, better resolution. It is one hell of a camera...

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A topic tagged as having a question Is the D600 considered a Pro Body? [View all] , robgraff , Mon 14-Jan-13 04:58 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Is the D600 considered a Pro Body?