Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D600 AF center softness

Anothergo

Warrington, US
55 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D600 AF center softness"

Anothergo Registered since 04th Dec 2012
Wed 16-Jan-13 12:27 AM | edited Wed 16-Jan-13 12:35 AM by Anothergo

So the half and half results are derived from hand held as well as tripod remote release. Half of the handheld are soft at the center and half are sharp. My technique has consistently produced sharp results as low as 1/15s since I learned how to breath when shooting in th early 90's. Half of my tripod mounted shots are sharp and half are soft. This happens with my stable of lenses.

Settings are not the issue since half of the shots are very sharp. Yes Brian, the center sensor is soft but either side is sharp in the same focal plane. I have already ruled out back/front focus. It will be off to Melville shortly. Quite frustrating.

A general, generic topic D600 AF center softness [View all] , Anothergo , Sun 13-Jan-13 10:58 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D600 AF center softness