Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

GPS options for D600

GillesC

Puteaux, FR
21 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: GPS options for D600"

GillesC Registered since 05th Nov 2012
Wed 23-Jan-13 11:50 AM

Hi Scott,

I recently bought a Phottix Geo One for around €100. It comes with 3 or 4 different cables to connect the unitto a wide range of cameras, including obviously the D600. In addition, it comes with a wired remote which you have to plug directly into the GPS unit.

It is well built, on par with Nikon unit.

I have not really tested it in the field but I will be on a 2-week trip to Thailand next week and will be happy to report my experience.

So far, I tested it indoor in my flat (not best conditions as GPS do not work well indoor) and geo-tagged one picture: it was off by nearly 50m. We'll see if it performs better outdoor. Anyway, I do not need something perfect...

Cheers
Gilles

A general, generic topic GPS options for D600 [View all] , ScottsFJ40 , Thu 10-Jan-13 03:50 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: GPS options for D600