Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Let Nikon know how you feel about the D600 dust issue.

geman

Houston, US
8 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Let Nikon know how you feel about the D600 dust issue."

geman Registered since 04th Feb 2013
Wed 08-May-13 02:47 AM

>Change.org is hosting a petition to Nikon to resolve the
>dust/oil issues with the D600. The petition can be found
>here:
>
>http://www.change.org/petitions/nikon-nikon-d600-dust-on-sensor

If you get some sort of satisfaction out of signing a petition, then go for it. If you want your D600 fixed, then send it in to Nikon. I sent mine in about 3 weeks ago, and got it back last week. The sensor was cleaned, shutter mechanism replaced and firmware updated. My only cost was $34 for shipping to Nikon, and a little time and effort to ship it.

After receiving my D600, I took a reference photo of the sky at f22. I have taken about 250 photos since then with no visible oil or dust spots. It's too early to say with certainty that Nikon has fixed the problem, but so far, so good.

Geman

This is a hot, active topic! Let Nikon know how you feel about the D600 dust issue. [View all] , loveisageless Silver Member , Wed 09-Jan-13 12:54 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Let Nikon know how you feel about the D600 dust iss...