Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Let Nikon know how you feel about the D600 dust issue.

dagoldst

Little Rock, US
3076 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Let Nikon know how you feel about the D600 dust issue."

dagoldst Gold Member Nikonian since 02nd Dec 2012
Thu 10-Jan-13 12:02 PM

>I agree that the D600 shows abnormal dust issues in many
>samples.
> But sadly, I
>don't expect the corporate culture about admitting problems to
>change any time soon-- at Nikon, Canon, Pentax or the others.
>

I rethought my earlier post on this, and I agree, Nikon is being mum on the topic, and yes, plenty of reputable reviewers have noticed this issue, and yes, my own camera displayed dust early on, though perhaps not as bad as some others have been afflicted.

Hogan wrote an article asking if Nikon is becoming the new Ford. I would probably have said GM, (since buying a lemon in 1982 that took a year to get sorted out, I refuse to own GM cars even today).

Companies constantly behave poorly in taking care of their customers for a variety of reasons and I don't believe there was ever "a good old days" when it comes to corporations - they are revenue/profit driven machines, and really always have been. Customer care tends to come from motivated individuals in companies within service organizations that I have worked for, and that includes IBM, DEC, Unisys and Siemens.

All that said, Nikon usually fixes their gear, and hopefully they will on this.

David

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof " - Carl Sagan

This is a hot, active topic! Let Nikon know how you feel about the D600 dust issue. [View all] , loveisageless Silver Member , Wed 09-Jan-13 12:54 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Let Nikon know how you feel about the D600 dust iss...