Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Let Nikon know how you feel about the D600 dust issue.

jckingca

CA
138 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Let Nikon know how you feel about the D600 dust issue."

jckingca Registered since 16th Dec 2010
Thu 10-Jan-13 08:40 AM | edited Thu 10-Jan-13 06:47 PM by jckingca

I agree that the D600 shows abnormal dust issues in many samples.

It's fine to let Nikon know how you feel but I think it's unrealistic to expect that this petition will change Nikon's corporate culture so that they will publicly acknowledge the problem. Other camera makers have frustrated owners with similar silence about problems in the past, so it may be a widespread style of corporate behaviour, not just Nikon.

The early samples of D800 were reported by many (most) reputable reviewers as having AF problems on the left side. I don't think there was any public statement by Nikon admitting to that issue either. The good news is that recent D800 samples seem to be good and there are reports that Nikon repair centres now have a procedure to fix that problem. The good news about the D600 dust is that the problem seems to diminish if not disappear with time.

Like you, I don't like QA problems, especially in prestige products, and I dislike the silence even more. But sadly, I don't expect the corporate culture about admitting problems to change any time soon-- at Nikon, Canon, Pentax or the others.

It's not the good old days any more...

-John
http://www.kingphoto.ca

This is a hot, active topic! Let Nikon know how you feel about the D600 dust issue. [View all] , loveisageless Silver Member , Wed 09-Jan-13 12:54 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Let Nikon know how you feel about the D600 dust iss...