Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Which camera to take with you???

WildIsle

CA
650 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Which camera to take with you???"

WildIsle Silver Member Nikonian since 06th Jan 2010
Mon 07-Jan-13 03:30 PM

Right now I'm very much still on honeymoon with the D600 so I am taking it pretty much everywhere. But once I settle back in to my typical routines I'll likely reserve shooting with the D600 for most paid gigs, special events and any photography specific trips. Seems the 24-120 f4 VR is finding an almost permanent home on the D600 but I have a nice line up of FX primes too.

My DX body is now a D5100. It's a fraction of the weight and size of the D600 so I'll pack that when I need to travel light, for me that's on multi-day backcountry treks, family occasions and any time I want to be less obtrusive. I have several DX lenses like the 35mm f1.8 DX that make a great, small-kit combo with the D5100.

One scenario I will need to adapt to is wildlife shooting. My longest lens is the 80-400 VR which doesn't autofocus on my D5100 so while I typically would of taken my ex-300s on wildlife shoots, I suspect for now it'll be the D600.

Depending on price, size and weight I could foresee swapping the D5100 for a D5200, D7200 or other future DX body to regain the DX reach in a better body. I'm not so thrilled with the 5100's AF.

A general, generic topic Which camera to take with you??? [View all] , teamwiess , Sun 06-Jan-13 08:24 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Which camera to take with you???