Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Which camera to take with you???

juggles

Lexington, US
240 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Which camera to take with you???"

juggles Gold Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2012
Mon 07-Jan-13 04:43 AM

Since the technology has changed so quickly with DSLRs, there can be some odd sideways steps from one body to another. For example, the d5100 shoots video at 24 and 30 frames at 1080p. The d7000, which is clearly a more professional body, was released earlier and it only does 24 frames at 1080p. In a similar way, I'd been shooting with a d70 for years and loved it but I was given a d60 over the summer by someone who was upgrading. The resolution on the newer d60 was considerably greater than on my old d70, but was clearly designed as more of an entry level camera and I never cared much for it. I've had my d600 for a couple weeks and I haven't shot a frame with the other bodies.
When I got the d600, I made a point of getting the 70-300mm zoom, because I'd been using a 70-200 with the d70 and d60, and I knew I'd miss that reach if I didn't have something comparable.

A general, generic topic Which camera to take with you??? [View all] , teamwiess , Sun 06-Jan-13 08:24 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Which camera to take with you???