Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Which camera to take with you???

teamwiess

Jersey City, US
17 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"Which camera to take with you???"

teamwiess Registered since 28th Dec 2012
Sun 06-Jan-13 09:24 PM

First some background ... I am a completely amateur photographer who has fallen in love with taking pictures. Have taken some courses so I know enough to be dangerous but also enough to know that I really know nothing. In the last year I moved from a Canon T1i to the Nikon D7000. I got rid of the T1i. I then upgraded to the D600. But I kept the D7000 as the reason I upgraded was, paradoxically, that I fell in love with the D7000 in a way I never did with my Canon and could see marked improvement so I wanted to take the next step. Plus Nikon reduced the price, as you know, right near Christmas so I got a nice deal, or at least I think I have.

I love the new D600 but find myself still taking the D7000 out for a spin often. It got me thinking as to why I chose one over the other. (If I know what I am going to shoot there are some technical reasons but if I don't know what I want to shoot, it is still rather random for me. ) I have noticed in my short time here that many of you have multiple cameras. How do you decide which one to take with you? If you have a higher end camera (D800 or D4), why wouldn't you always take that one with you? (As good as the D600 is, the D7000 is certainly comparable, I find myself thinking about what lens I am going to take with me and the effects I will likely be shooting but I think the separation in models is less than what I have seen from others here.)

I am just curious. Also just wanted to say that I appreciate the conversations here, they are informative and interesting.

John

A general, generic topic Which camera to take with you??? [View all] , teamwiess , Sun 06-Jan-13 08:24 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Which camera to take with you???