Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
ZDude

US
537 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Clean or Send Back?"

ZDude Registered since 28th Feb 2007
Sun 06-Jan-13 04:57 PM

Hey Renix,

Like most here I agree that dust is an issue, but one that every DSLR owner experiences. From my experience all of my cameras have had what I call an initial shutter oil break in period. Admittedly, the D600 did have quite a bit more dust, oil, gunk, whatever you want to call it a 200 shots than I thought it should. In fact I was a little disappointed it looked so bad, but not surprised since like you I had read ahead about this before buying it. I air cleaned it, but it did little. Used a brush, and it was a little better so I waited another 500 shots or so and did a wet clean because a couple of pretty big spots started to show up on my shots. I did some time lapse testing, ok I was playing and now at around 1600 shots there are some more but not nearly as much. Nothing compared to the beginning. I'll do another wet clean and see. I am hopeful that the worst is behind.

I am subscribing to the theory that Nikon's quality control was lacking when they made these and a little more lubricant was used than should have been.

So, the moral of the story is don't worry, the D600 is a great camera and I for one expect to get many many photos out of it (and hopefully a masterpiece or two) before I'm done!

Good luck.

----------------------------
NAS - Taking it one day at a time!

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Clean or Send Back? [View all] , RENIX , Sun 06-Jan-13 12:35 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Clean or Send Back?