Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
dmcleman

London, UK
2 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Clean or Send Back?"

dmcleman Registered since 03rd Nov 2012
Sun 06-Jan-13 01:56 PM

Cleaning is to be expected but cleaning every couple of hundred shots would be unworkable for me - decide for yourself if this applies to you. I could do an occasional clean only and if that doesn't sort it out long-term the camera would have to be returned. I wouldn't return it without trying to clean it, the pattern seems to be that a replacement is unlikely to be different.

My concern is that the presence of internal debris is an indication of a problem elsewhere within the camera, and wiping the sensor isn't going to fix that. My budget means that I have to think of resale value which is difficult to predict at the moment.

And for those people who maintain that there isn't any problem whatsoever, wouldn't Nikon PR have stepped in by now to make the smallest of statements to that effect?

Despite months of misgivings I'm probably going to go ahead and buy this camera, from Amazon as it gives you a year to return if necessary and by which time a fix by Nikon might be available.

A general, generic topic Clean or Send Back? [View all] , RENIX , Sun 06-Jan-13 12:35 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Clean or Send Back?