Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
km6xz

St Petersburg, RU
3559 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D600 + gloves = 0"

km6xz Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Portraits and Urban Photography Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2009
Mon 31-Dec-12 11:17 AM | edited Tue 01-Jan-13 12:56 AM by km6xz

Brian, that is one I did not think of, so will have to try to find some. I just got back from almost a month in California and could have found them easily but here, there are no golf courses for 400 miles so it might be hard to find.

Just before I got back it was -27 for a week which is too cold for goveless shooting for any more than a couple minutes. Larger all metal lenses really suck the heat out of your hands even if using gloves. Mittens are the warmest solution that if hung with a cord around your neck, they can be slipped out of and the shot taken before your hands freeze if if gets down to really cold temperatures. I've shot to -40 but my point and shoot failed at -57 a few years ago and I have not bothered to use any camera that cold since. One good, if there are any, of Global Climate Warming is that we are not seeing really cold weather as the historic averages. Winter here is now 3 months instead of the traditional 7 months throughout recorded history. The only people not happy about that are ski resort owners, ice fishermen and ice rally drivers.
Stan
St Petersburg Russia

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic D600 + gloves = 0 [View all] , steveZ Silver Member , Sun 30-Dec-12 05:00 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D600 + gloves = 0