Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Back to the Future--And Thanks!

JTJT

US
1 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"Back to the Future--And Thanks!"

JTJT Registered since 22nd Dec 2012
Fri 28-Dec-12 12:54 PM

This post is just a thanks for all the information already posted and to be posted in this forum.

I just picked up a D600 kit this week.

I shot some film back in the Canon FD days using only primes. After a long, long hiatus, I jumped back to SLR photography when Nikon launched the D70s.

I appreciated the advances in technology--digital capture, autofocus, zoom lenses, etc.--but, somehow, something just didn't feel right.

I thought maybe I wanted to go back to film, so I kept an opportunistic eye out for kit. I assembled a nice set of AI/AIS lenses at what seemed to me to be giveaway prices. As I started to dabble in film again, I realized it wasn't just about the film. What I really wanted was to put manual focus primes on a full-frame, but relatively compact, camera with good low-light performance and good dynamic range. Well, I can do that now with the D600. So I'm pretty excited.

This is not to say I'll never dress up my D600 with modern accoutrements--never say "never" to NAS after all--but at least I can always go back to what feels "right."

JT

P.S. I shot my off white office wall at F22 and freaked when I saw a nasty dark streak at high magnification. Turns out, though, I need to clean my wall! Still, I'll monitor the whole dirty sensor issue as I proceed.

A general, generic topic Back to the Future--And Thanks! [View all] , JTJT , Fri 28-Dec-12 11:54 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Back to the Future--And Thanks!
Reply message RE: Back to the Future--And Thanks!