Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

New D600 kit - weird malfunctions with LV focus and con...

TaTaToothy

Minneapolis, US
6 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"New D600 kit - weird malfunctions with LV focus and continuous shooting"

TaTaToothy Registered since 19th Dec 2012
Wed 26-Dec-12 04:19 PM

I recently ordered a D600 kit from Adorama, and received the camera and lens last week (parts of the kit are still on back order). Thus far I have only used the kit lens.

My camera came with a couple of strange defects.

First, it would not autofocus at all in Live View mode - it just hunted back and forth but could never come close to focusing. If I pushed the shutter button hard enough to take a shot it would do so, but would choose a focus seemingly at random, and none of the shots was even close to being in focus.

Second, it would not shoot continuously in either continuous shutter mode - I would get only one shot per push of the shutter button.

Because of these two obvious flaws I have sent the camera back, and am hoping for better luck on the second go-round. I am just curious if anyone has experienced similar issues. I will update once I get the replacement camera, which I hope will live up to its potential!

A general, generic topic New D600 kit - weird malfunctions with LV focus and con... [View all] , TaTaToothy , Wed 26-Dec-12 03:19 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: New D600 kit - weird malfunctions with LV focus and...