Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D600 metering and white balance

EYeye

FORT WORTH, US
405 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D600 metering and white balance"

EYeye Silver Member Nikonian since 16th Sep 2012
Wed 26-Dec-12 04:28 PM

In bright outdoors, especially on beach and water, I often use between -.3 and -1.0 exposure compensation to avoid clipped highlight on all RGB channels. This reminds me of my D80, and is NOT a complaint as I am quite familiar with this process. Seems, like the D80, the matrix meter is biased to preserve shadow detail. YMMV

LOVE the sunrise/sunset IQ/DR and get wonderful coloration without noise at high ISO.

VERY pleased so far with D600, just wish focal points were more widely dispersed. I do a lot of focus and recompose. Noticed this again last night in low light wide angle shots of 5-6 people in a room. Narrow DOF due to large aperture and with 28-35mm on tripod it was hard to keep focus accurate.

The focus point issue has been subject of many other comments and I do not want to hi-jack your thread which is about WB/metering.

EYeye

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic D600 metering and white balance [View all] , dagoldst Gold Member , Wed 26-Dec-12 01:21 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D600 metering and white balance