Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Help with FX techniques please.

WildIsle

CA
645 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Help with FX techniques please."

WildIsle Silver Member Nikonian since 06th Jan 2010
Mon 24-Dec-12 03:29 PM | edited Mon 24-Dec-12 03:31 PM by WildIsle

It's one of the joys of a new camera to see images that are noticeably richer (in a variety of ways) than the older body. I definitely remember seeing that after upgrading from D100 to D200 and then to the D300s and I really hoped to see it with the D600. I haven't been disappointed.

That being said I am still finding my way around the camera and in particular the autofocus. While up at the local ski hill yesterday I took a few shots of the family snowboarding. The moving subjects are great practice for when I go out with the hot shots. Not every shot was sharp by any means, but then with any body they rarely are.

But look at this image... this is an example of one that makes me just go WOW! The D600 is an awesome camera. The crop is 100% but the full image obviously downsized to fit this page...

Sometimes it's not just technique eg: the right shutter speed, lens etc... sometimes it can be the quality of the light that helps show an image in its best.. ummm light

As the others have said - you should post examples so we can see what you are describing. That's a huge help in understanding the problem and locating a solution.

Good luck with your quest

Philip

Click on image to view larger version

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment#1 (jpg file)
Attachment#2 (jpg file)

A general, generic topic Help with FX techniques please. [View all] , stash Gold Member , Sun 23-Dec-12 05:17 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Help with FX techniques please.