Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

using manual focus lenses on the d600

blw

Richmond, US
28702 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM

"RE: using manual focus lenses on the d600"

blw Moderator Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas Nikonian since 18th Jun 2004
Sun 07-Apr-13 02:54 PM

I was pretty astonished to learn that DX viewfinders are set up differently than 35mm. I was asking about it because I discovered that I simply could not get as reliable manual focus on my D2h as I previously had on my FM2/FA. This was even when on a tripod with stationary subjects and a 1.2x magnifying eyepiece. I thought there must be something wrong with my technique. But apparently there is some additional optical formulation that is used to provide a larger viewfinder image that makes DX less accurate. I don't understand how this could possibly be, but certainly my experience is that DX is less accurate for manual focus than 35mm. That's even after I put a KatzEye in my D2h/D2x. On the other hand, LiveView simply does away with these problems. With LiveView there is never any inaccuracy. If you can devote the time and battery power to it, it's always accurate.

_____
Brian... a bicoastal Nikonian and Team Member

My gallery is online. Comments and critique welcomed any time!

A general, generic topic using manual focus lenses on the d600 [View all] , wcm2831 , Fri 21-Dec-12 01:28 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: using manual focus lenses on the d600