Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

using manual focus lenses on the d600

WildIsle

CA
645 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: using manual focus lenses on the d600"

WildIsle Silver Member Nikonian since 06th Jan 2010
Fri 21-Dec-12 02:40 PM

For anyone getting a new DSLR already having a few lenses kicking around of whatever vintage is an advantage. I don't know the lenses you list first hand but I think it's okay to admit that they aren't premium optics. That's not to say that they won't take some nice pictures, I am sure they will, and hey, better the lens you have in your bag than the lens you don't own.

A D600 is probably going to get some of the best out of these lenses that they could deliver. Personally I wouldn't hesitate slapping my manual focus glass on any DSLR. You need to add some (non-CPU) lens info in to the body but that's a very easy step.

Ultimately I'm sure if you invest in a D600 you'll want to add some newer glass, but to get started... go for it!

Philip

A general, generic topic using manual focus lenses on the d600 [View all] , wcm2831 , Fri 21-Dec-12 01:28 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: using manual focus lenses on the d600