Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
km6xz

St Petersburg, RU
3559 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Lens compatibility?"

km6xz Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Portraits and Urban Photography Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2009
Sun 16-Sep-12 05:58 AM

You are way ahead of the game. Reading most people's wish list, they are salivating over FX and trying to justify the cost before realizing that the very cheapest aspect of moving to FX is the body. If the body is a stretch on the budget, the lenses to equal the FL coverage they desire could be a deal breaker.
I only got one new lenses since getting the D800, actually got the lens, a 24-70 because I figured it was impossible to find a D800 in May when I was back in California. So blew my budget on the lens that I've wanted for a long time for the d7000, to use instead of my 17-55 on DX. A week later, my budget really was blown when Best Buy was able to get one in 3 days. Luckily I had been collecting quality lenses for a while, just because I wanted them for DX and there were no high quality equivalents in DX. But most people are not collecting FX lenses since it is a real commitment and not cheap. They are going to be confronted with real sticker shok.
So, it appears you are in a better position to acquire a D600 with no other investments needed. A reprieve for DX lenses comes in the form of a very workable Crop Mode(1.5, 1.2, and 4:5) in the D800 and probably something similar in the D600. I know it has an auto 1.5 crop mode.
Stan
St Petersburg Russia

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Lens compatibility? [View all] , NikonMark37814 , Sat 15-Sep-12 10:09 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Lens compatibility?