Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
DSW90049

Los Angeles, US
177 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Lens compatibility?"

DSW90049 Registered since 11th Feb 2012
Sat 15-Sep-12 06:12 PM

I realize this may be a dumb question, but, at first, I hesitated about the D600 because it is FX - then I started reviewing my lenses and realized that some are DX, but others - are FX, which I have been happily using with my undoubtedly DX D7000, so the leap to FX is not as much of a leap as I had assumed.

So, here's the dumb question part: I have read that a Nikon lens is DX, if the title says "DX" but if not, it is FX. If true, my hesitation was unfounded, as I seem to have more than a few FX lenses in my stable already.

So, my point is - if hesitating about taking the FX plunge with a D600, shouldn't one take a close look at all their equipment first, and perhaps realize that they won't have to buy all new FX lenses because they likely have some, or more than some, already?

I jumped to pre-order the D600 because, though I have decades of amateur experience (not a pro; never will be!) and enthusiasm, I feel the D800 is just beyond my needs - the D4 and D800, seeming like buying a Ferrari to drive a few miles back and forth to work for me - whereas, the D600 seems to be right in my wheelhouse now that I have built my confidence with my D7000. I'm hoping the D600 will be as good as it looks, and I hope it would become my backup/DX camera for getting longer range from my longer tele's.

I appreciate your thoughts on this . . .

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Lens compatibility? [View all] , NikonMark37814 , Sat 15-Sep-12 10:09 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Lens compatibility?