Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Help with credit for price drop on D600?

EYeye

FORT WORTH, US
405 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Help with credit for price drop on D600?"

EYeye Silver Member Nikonian since 16th Sep 2012
Tue 18-Dec-12 07:26 PM

Well....................I asked at Fort Worth Camera, and they are unable to make any concessions on the deal which was already done. This does not anger me.

BUT...................they cheerfully agreed to clean my sensor (which BTW does NOT have oil, grease, or shavings, but DID have some dust); drop the price on a travel tripod $50.00; lens align all 5 of my Nikkor lenses (!!!!) - {interestingly: 28-85mmVR - dead on * 70-300mmVR dead on * 50mm 1.4G (-15) * 70-200mm 2.8 VR (-5) * 35mm 1.8 DX - dead on}:-D

So, I am trying to be a bit Zen about this, as I have had the benefit of a great camera and decent lens which I bought at what I thought to be a fair price, knowing it would likely be even better priced for Christ's Mass. Looking through some images, I can fairly say "WOW, I am SO glad I stepped upwards from a D80".

FWIW: the D80 required exposure compensation in bright outdoors, especially in mixed lighting. So does my D600. As I am thoroughly familiar with this, it does not bother me, but I am a little surprised. D60 (previous backup) has not needed this except in snow or water scenes and then only occasionally.

So..............end post here, with some chagrin, and some happiness.

EYeye

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Help with credit for price drop on D600? [View all] , EYeye Silver Member , Mon 17-Dec-12 10:19 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Help with credit for price drop on D600?