Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

AF D lenses and LV, video question?

William Symonds

Bogor, ID
1559 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: AF D lenses and LV, video question?"

William Symonds Registered since 22nd Jan 2007
Tue 11-Dec-12 04:32 AM | edited Tue 11-Dec-12 04:35 AM by William Symonds

Easy peasy with AFD lenses or any other chipped lenses. You just need to switch to aperture selection via the lens. Setting f5 does the trick.

You can alter the aperture during shooting video but it is quite noisy if using the on-board microphone.

Note that S and P modes will only work if the aperture is returned to the highest f stop on the lens.

Older unchipped MF lenses all work too, as aperture can only be adjusted via the lens.

I actually quite like using the aperture ring on the lens, as I always get the command dials muddled up. Once you set it up this way the command dial becomes inactive though it's easy enough to switch it back.

Another fix is that you can also adjust the aperture in live view or video within the remote control release mode, using any lens, regardless of whether it has an aperture ring. This works very well if you are using liveview on a tripod.

Rumour has it that the firmware will soon be updated to allow aperture change with any lens via the usual controls.

W i l l

Nikonian in Bogor, West Java
www.willsymonds.com
www.willsymonds.blogspot.com
https://images.nikonians.org/galleries/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=123586

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A topic tagged as having a question AF D lenses and LV, video question? [View all] , NikonMark37814 , Tue 11-Dec-12 12:47 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: AF D lenses and LV, video question?