Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

First time sensor clean & there's dust in my air.

ClickCardo

Upstate, US
289 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"First time sensor clean & there's dust in my air."

ClickCardo Silver Member Nikonian since 23rd Dec 2005
Mon 10-Dec-12 04:59 PM

Just got a D600 and fired off 500 jpgs at both ends doing the f/22 light cream white wall test, it's not exactly blue sky where I live right now, and found what may be some dust spots scattered about and 1 dark black blotch at the lower bottom only on the second test. The spots seem very, very, circular.

I also ordered the Artic Butterfly sensor cleaning kit and want to give it the full gamut go. I've seen numerous youtubes and posts on how to do it and except for experience I think I have that part down. However I live, feeling lucky, in a house just built this January and no matter which room I try there seems to be fine bits of dust floating all through the air. The only way I know that is when I turn all the lights in a room off and shine a spotlight then I can see the dust all around.

It seems it would be a fruitless exercise trying to give a good cleaning in such an environment. Does everybody else have clean rooms and if not what are your suggestions.

Thanks

Richard

If I can clean this D600 myself I don't plan on sending it back.

A topic tagged as in need of help First time sensor clean & there's dust in my air. [View all] , ClickCardo Silver Member , Mon 10-Dec-12 03:59 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: First time sensor clean & there's dust in my air.