Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
mpage

San Jose, US
351 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"D600 Image"

mpage Registered since 29th Jun 2004
Sat 08-Dec-12 11:27 AM | edited Sat 08-Dec-12 01:36 PM by mpage

I drive a taxicab in San Jose on the graveyard shift. One of our customers has a little dog who sits on his shoulder all the time, like a parrot. I'm not sure, but I believe the dog's name is "Chick-Magnet". I don't want to tell tales out of school, but this fellow's dance card is full.

I shot this quickly at 1:30 a.m. in front of a bar. It was dark and I used the auto setting with the on-camera speed light at ISO 200. I had the 50mm 1.4G lens on the camera. I did not do much computer enhancement.

I read that the auto focus on the D800 is better in low light than the D600. It was one of the things I considered in my camera selection, but went with the D600 for a variety of reasons. The D600 was very good in low light.

Click on image to view larger version

I think that if I had a cutie little dog to sit on my shoulder, I too would score with the ladies.

But sadly, perhaps not.

-Mark-

My Nikonians Gallery

A general, generic topic D600 Image [View all] , mpage , Sat 08-Dec-12 10:27 AM