Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
AnnieP

US
4 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: GP-1A"

AnnieP Registered since 13th Sep 2006
Sat 08-Dec-12 02:55 PM

I have had a GP-1 for a couple of years and find it absolutely invaluable. When traveling, I like to be able to pinpoint where I took my pictures and this enables me to do so without taking copious notes, etc.

I did not realize till recently that there was a GP-1A, which B&H advertises is specifically for the D600. I notice that this costs somewhat more than the GP-1. And the GP-1 is still available.

I initially used this GPS device with my D90, then the D7000. When I got a D600 I used it with it as well. In fact, the D600 manual specifically says the GP-1 is supported (page 175). I was surprised to see the GP-1A and am not sure what the difference between the two devices might be.

All I can say is that the GP-1 works with the D600. I use it all the time and would not be without it. The device is incredible easy to use. You just connect it. It turns on when the camera turns on. It may take a minute or two to find satellites, but I've never found it to be an issue. The initial locate takes the longest.

Some may complain that it drains the battery faster. Maybe so - I have never found it to be an issue. Any cons, in my opinion, are more than outweighed by the pluses.

Good luck!

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic GP-1A [View all] , JerryG7814 , Thu 06-Dec-12 02:21 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: GP-1A