Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D600 Auto Focus not working

ericbowles

Atlanta, US
10524 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D600 Auto Focus Question"

ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005
Tue 18-Dec-12 11:32 AM

David

The images in your gallery are typically of moving subjects walking past you. The main focus issues will be around technique. My guess is a number of focus misses are quick grab shots, so you might want to try tracking the subject and releasing the shutter when the composition and look are what you want.

Since the subject is moving predictably, I would use either single point or 9 point dynamic focus. With a subject moving toward you, 3D tracking may be appropriate.

AF-C will allow the camera to fire rather than refusing to fire if focus is missed. You'll get more misses - but you will have images to assess your work. I'd use AF-C since the subject is moving.

This is the type of photography that can benefit from the AF-On approach to focus. You would focus and hold the button down to enable tracking of your subject while adjusting focus.

Of course, the real key is lots of practice.

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Workshops

Nikonians membership — my most important photographic investment, after the camera

A general, generic topic D600 Auto Focus not working [View all] , jacquie , Sat 01-Dec-12 07:36 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D600 Auto Focus Question