Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D300 to D600- Good idea for me to do?

Kipsta

Winmalee, Blue Mountains, AU
75 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D300 to D600- Good idea for me to do?"

Kipsta Registered since 02nd Jun 2008
Thu 29-Nov-12 09:50 PM

Hi Stan

I too have just bought a D600 and will now have to sell one of my 2 x D300's (wifey's orders).

My reason was that we run a Speed and Agility training business and I need a camera that can take decent photos but also shoot HD video for when we run clinics and for general uploading of training videos to our website or youtube. It saves carrying a camera and video recorder at the same time. I needed quality video capture as well as awesome shot taking (which my D300 was pretty good at I must admit) in the one hand, When the D600 came along it was perfect timing for me.

I'm keeping one D300 because its a great backup and has a higher fps for game day sports shots, but must admit the D600 is filling that video gap for me nicely.

Full-frame was not a deal-maker/breaker for me. But most of my lens purchases over the years seem to have ended up that way anyway.

Cheers
Kip

A general, generic topic D300 to D600- Good idea for me to do? [View all] , plankowner110 Silver Member , Sun 25-Nov-12 10:54 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D300 to D600- Good idea for me to do?