Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
km6xz

St Petersburg, RU
3571 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Crossing over?"

km6xz Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Portraits and Urban Photography Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2009
Sun 25-Nov-12 04:54 PM

There were a few verified cases of oil on D7000 sensors and the fix involved replacing a motor or the mirror box. In most other cases, of those reported on forums, I did not see many claims of oil actually being oil. The assumption was "oil" and a "defective" camera so a lot of perfectly good cameras with a little dust on the sensors got exchanged which further convinced the owners theirs was defective. I think it all comes from lack of understanding basic systems or grade school physics combined with systems and main elements are too small to see now.
The first conclusions are almost always the worst possible defect regardless of missing important supporting evidence. The dust situation in the D600 is not producing very much convincing evidence so far that it is any thing other than dust, and possibly dust from the manufacturing process. I usually suggest cleaning to see what happens but usually that brings a claim that I do not believe them or that they have 4 bezillion years of experience and never had dust or dirt so it MUST be a defective camera.
At least the rumors are more carefully handled on
Nikonians because it is a lot more rational of a group than most other forums that cater to flames, trolls and controversy.
I suggest that someone who has the video chops and interest, ought to create a short but detailed video of just how easy, safe and routine it is to clean one's camera and how it is not a repair issue but a normal maintenance activity no more out of the ordinary than cleaning the car on a Sunday afternoon. Not many people....except a very high maintenance ex-GF...who demanded a new car when her car got dirty. But that is another story...;>)

Stan
St Petersburg Russia

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

This is a hot, active topic! Crossing over? [View all] , stash Gold Member , Sun 25-Nov-12 09:31 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Crossinf over?
Reply message RE: Crossing over?