Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Live view aperture "bug" - fix for AFD lenses

William Symonds

Bogor, ID
1559 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"Live view aperture "bug" - fix for AFD lenses"

William Symonds Registered since 22nd Jan 2007
Thu 22-Nov-12 12:11 AM | edited Fri 23-Nov-12 06:09 PM by William Symonds

My apologies if this is common knowledge but I have just discovered that you can adjust adjust aperture in live view or movie mode provided your lens has an aperture ring, and this also applies to AF-D lenses.

To do this with chipped lenses, such as AFD lenses, you will need firstly to nominate the lens ring as the aperture selection tool in setting f5.. S and P modes will only work if the aperture is returned to the highest f stop on the lens. I actually quite like using the aperture ring on the lens, as I always get the command dials muddled up. Once you set it up this way the command dial becomes inactive though it's easy enough to switch it back.

Another fix is that you can also adjust the aperture in live view or video within the remote control release mode, using any lens, regardless of whether it has an aperture ring. This works very well if you are using liveview on a tripod.

Rumour has it that the coming D600 firmware update will fix the "bug" for all lenses.

W i l l

Nikonian in Bogor, West Java
www.willsymonds.com
www.willsymonds.blogspot.com
https://images.nikonians.org/galleries/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=123586

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Live view aperture "bug" - fix for AFD lenses [View all] , William Symonds , Wed 21-Nov-12 11:11 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Live view aperture "bug" - fix for AFD lenses
Reply message RE: Live view aperture "bug" - fix for AFD lenses