Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
pqtrths

Roseville, CA, US
998 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D600 weight..."

pqtrths Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 02nd May 2007
Fri 14-Sep-12 08:14 PM

> You want heft? You need to get a Nikon pro body dSLR. A pro body will definitely help you balance your heavier Nikkors. <

My first professional Nikon was an F3HP with an MD-4 motordrive and a MK-1 firing-rate converter for the vertical shutter release. Paired with a 135mm/f2.0 MF lens, that was heft! (Using that combination would strengthen my tricep and bicep muscles.) Prior to that, I'd use a friend's F2SB with the MD-2 motordrive - the one with the 10- or 12-battery pack - and the auto-exposure attachment, sometimes paired with a 300mm/f2.8 telephoto - that was a workout.

My goal is a pro body DSLR. Maybe I'm ancient, but I still equate weight and heft with build-quality, reliability, and longevity. When I asked the counter-person about the reliability of the Nikormat FT-2, my very first Nikon product, that I wanted to buy, his answer was, "Use this camera to drive the tent pegs and to then photograph the camp site."

Mp

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic D600 weight... [View all] , pqtrths Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 , Fri 14-Sep-12 12:59 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D600 weight...