Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D600 focus point location - Q: limitation? A: Yes

ericbowles

Atlanta, US
10631 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D600 focus point location - Q: limitation? A: Yes"

ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005
Wed 21-Nov-12 12:46 AM

Good comments - no complaining from my perspective either. Just valid user feedback.

I'm largely a digital only shooter with 98% of my lifetime images taken with digital cameras. I can relate to Edwin's experience - I was pretty stunned at how difficult it was "dropping back" from 51 AF points to just 39. That single day prompted my to switch to the back button focus approach full time.

Perrone - I continue to be amazed by your sports images. Not just the capture, but the framing. Speeds are so fast with some sports.

I was reading something recently about someone who learned the craft with manual focus. Even with AF, they have a different style and use Manual Focus to fine tune or adjust as needed. The hit rates on focus were so much lower - even for the best photographers.

I've been trying to give the D600 a good workout and have used it for 95% of my images over teh past month. It reminds me a lot of the D7000, but has several key improvements. If it were not for the D800, people would be raving about the D600 as a great replacement for the D700 - 30% lower cost, double the pixels, lighter, video, etc.

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Workshops

Nikonians membership — my most important photographic investment, after the camera

A general, generic topic D600 focus point location - Q: limitation? A: Yes [View all] , EYeye Silver Member , Mon 19-Nov-12 08:10 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D600 focus point location - Q: limitation? A: Yes
     Reply message Thanks Stan
          Reply message RE: Thanks Stan