Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D600 focus point location - Q: limitation? A: Yes

PerroneFord

Tallahassee, US
2807 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D600 focus point location - Q: limitation? A: Yes"

PerroneFord Silver Member Nikonian since 07th Apr 2011
Tue 20-Nov-12 10:31 PM

I don't think anyone here is labeling you as a complainer. Your points are all very valid. It is perhaps unfortunate that your thread has become a sounding board for the complaints we've seen not only since the D600 came out, but also the D800.

A great proportion of sports shooters shot on DX cameras. But I can guarantee you, if you peruse the D4/D3/D2/D1 forums, you will not find anywhere NEAR the level of complaints about the focus points and other issues that come with a move to FX. Perhaps it is because the typical buyer of the single digit cameras are more prepared for it, or maybe they are more experienced, I don't know.

I guess some of us who are "old timers" at this are more sensitive to the "complaints" because we remember the difficulty of manually focusing all this stuff. Complaints about the "color cast" on the $50 LCD screen on the back seem so petty when we didn't get to see our images for 3-7 days in the film days. Complaints about the 4fps of the D800 fell on our deaf ears as we looked back to our time hand-winding film and were lucky to get off 2-3 shots in 5 seconds. Complaints about noise at ISO3200 seem ludicrous when it looks better than our old ASA 400 film.

It just seems no matter HOW good and HOW competent these cameras get, no one is ever happy. They are NEVER good enough, and the NEXT model will solve our issue, or the next firmware update, or the next lens. Sometimes, I'd just like to hand some of these folks an FM2 and 4 rolls of film and say, "go shoot something".

------
Webpage: http://www.ptfphoto.com

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic D600 focus point location - Q: limitation? A: Yes [View all] , EYeye Silver Member , Mon 19-Nov-12 08:10 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D600 focus point location - Q: limitation? A: Yes
     Reply message Thanks Stan
          Reply message RE: Thanks Stan