Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D600 focus point location - Q: limitation? A: Yes

EYeye

FORT WORTH, US
404 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"Thanks Stan"

EYeye Silver Member Nikonian since 16th Sep 2012
Tue 20-Nov-12 03:17 AM

My problem was that I was standing on a small wooden deck, and not permitted to leave it as this would trample the flowers. I literally could not move any farther back. There was room for about 15 people to stand in 2 rows to watch the officiant and B & G, + Best Man & MOH. After the ceremony moved most of the watchers away, but just did not have much room to play with. I was forced by light and backdrop to shoot in the less wide part of the rectangular deck.

Admittedly, not a common scenario. But it was real, not hypothetical, and demonstrated at least for me a time when the smaller frame size of the focal points was a limiting factor.

And, I can foresee a wildlife situation as stated with similar limits. How does one focus and recompose on a moving wolf or bear, or bird in flight low over water when one wants part of the background in the shot "above" the subject?

Your points about the distortion outside the center of the image frame are well taken. I'll try to practice the alternative focal points suggestion as well.

Love the camera!

EYeye

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic D600 focus point location - Q: limitation? A: Yes [View all] , EYeye Silver Member , Mon 19-Nov-12 08:10 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D600 focus point location - Q: limitation? A: Yes
     Reply message Thanks Stan
          Reply message RE: Thanks Stan