Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Possible live-view aperture work-around?

KnightPhoto

Alberta, CA
4954 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Possible live-view aperture work-around?"

KnightPhoto Gold Member Nikonian since 18th Dec 2006
Wed 07-Nov-12 05:13 AM

Yes, if you saw Thom's article today about the new receiver/transmitter remote, it might have some handy properties for video. Certainly start and stop. I wonder if it would allow me to change ISO when recording video in manual? Otherwise yes, I better get it together to figure out how to Smart-phone attach my D800E to control ISO without touching the camera. There is this dizzying array of wireless (attachments for the Nikon cameras right now from bottom to top of line.

"One new accessory that came up in this release is the WR-R10 wireless remote receiver and the WR-T10 remote transmitter. This device works with all 10-pin (requires WR-A10 WR adapter) or DC2 pin cameras (e.g. D3100, D3200, D5100, D5200, D7000, D300, D600, D700, D800, D3 series, and D4). It can be paired with a single or multiple cameras and has a radio-based communication distance of about 66 feet (20m). The remote can control Live View and Video operation on recent cameras (D4, D800, D600, D3200, and D5200), and can have a pre-programmed function button on it for some cameras, as well."
"
Best regards, SteveK

'A camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera.' -- Dorothea Lange
My Nikonians gallery
My Nikonians Blog

A general, generic topic Possible live-view aperture work-around? [View all] , juggles Gold Member , Sun 04-Nov-12 05:16 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Possible live-view aperture work-around?