Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

What's with the 1/200 sec flash sync speed?

km6xz

St Petersburg, RU
3571 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: What's with the 1/200 sec flash sync speed?"

km6xz Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Portraits and Urban Photography Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2009
Tue 18-Sep-12 11:45 AM

None of the cameras except the D4 are really targeted to pros but surely many will avail themselves of the IQ advantages by the D800 and D600. Working around a minor change in habit is surely also not going to stop them, nor all the Canon shooters who are working pros with 5D series who have 1/200 sync but also several stops less in DR.

I think this sort of "deal breaker" talk that happens wherever a new camera comes out, will disappear shortly after those who figure out new methods to take advantage of the increased capabilities start describing their techniques.
I am going to venture a guess that the D600 will be very popular for pros wishing to step up their product and wanting a faster return on investment.
Most of my shooing is with flash or strobe and 1/200 would be of little concern to me because there are so many ways of adopting. I am not likely to get a D600 but if I had not gotten the D800 before, I sure would have considered the D600. I do like the AF and that alone is probably worth the $900 price difference to me. The -1ev AF capability of the D600 just might surprise a lot of people how much better the FX version of the 4800 is over the DX version.

Stan
St Petersburg Russia

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

This is a hot, active topic! What's with the 1/200 sec flash sync speed? [View all] , BR , Thu 13-Sep-12 10:34 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: What's with the 1/200 sec flash sync speed?