Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
briantilley

Paignton, UK
30235 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: ISO and Auto ISO - Problem resolved"

briantilley Gold Member Deep knowledge of bodies and lens; high level photography skills Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 26th Jan 2003
Wed 31-Oct-12 03:04 PM

>Yes, you are correct. I mis-stated this: In shooting menu Iso
>Sensitivity settings, I set "ISO Sensitity 100";
>Auto ISO sensitivity control - On ; "Maximum Sensitivity
>3200, Minimum SHUTTER SPEED 1/60" (So, in setting my
>"ISO Sensitivity" to 100 I set the minimum in Auto
>ISO as well.)

You had set the base or "default" ISO to 100; it's not a limit which is what the word "minimum" implies to me.

To illustrate, let's say you set this to a mid-range value like 400. Auto ISO will then start from 400 but would reduce it below 400 or raise it above 400 if necessary to give a correct exposure.

>Does this seem "correct", or should I go visit Fort
>Worth Camera with my D600?

If I'm interpreting everything you've written correctly, it still sounds to me that your camera is operating normally with your settings, and your initial confusion was because you hadn't realised all the implications of those settings

Brian
Welsh Nikonian

A general, generic topic ISO and Auto ISO [View all] , EYeye Silver Member , Mon 29-Oct-12 08:33 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: ISO and Auto ISO
Reply message RE: ISO and Auto ISO - Problem resolved