Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
julieo

US
151 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"D600 Focus Help!"

julieo Silver Member Nikonian since 16th Oct 2012
Mon 29-Oct-12 01:34 PM

I love my D600, I think!
Coming from a Nikon D300s and was fully dialed into this camera before purchasing a D600.
I am having a terrible time with focusing on sporting events! I have been reading up on the D600 more than I care to admit and still have not come away happy with my results. Im shooting the D600 during day sports with my 70-200 2.8 , usually leaving it wide open until there is a chance of an imminent goal shot then go to about 5.6.
I have been shooting continuous, 9 point, center weighted, jpeg. I do not "lock on focus", and my focus is not accurate. Should I try shooting continuos single point ( as I did in the 300) i feel as though the D600 might be controlling too much of the focus with the points set at 9.
Maybe I just need to shoot more and get familiar with the new camera?

also a senario..
Shooting full field sports ( when you need a little extra lens) with a D600 and 70-200 2.8 what option would you choose?

shoot the 70-200 and crop in lightroom but still keeping the small depth of field or put on the teleconverter, reduce the need for crop but force your minimum aperture to 4.0?

i put this in the sports forum originally, hope its okay to post it twice

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic D600 Focus Help! [View all] , julieo Silver Member , Mon 29-Oct-12 12:34 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D600 Focus Help!