Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
MotoMannequin

Livermore, CA, US
8582 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM

"RE: mirror lockup"

MotoMannequin Awarded for his extraordinary skills in landscape and wildlife photography Registered since 11th Jan 2006
Tue 18-Sep-12 08:59 PM

At this point we are quibbling of semantics, as everyone's using different definitions for these terms.

I see we have a few different things we're discussing:
(A) Lock up the mirror for sensor cleaning
(B) Mup shutter release mode
(C) Lock up mirror to clear deep rear element lenses.

(A) is supported by all Nikon DSLRs
(B) is supported by D600, is what I believe the OP was asking about, and Dean used the word "true" to distinguish between (A) and (B)
(C) is not supported by any Nikon DSLRs, but I don't believe this is what the OP was asking for clarification on, nor what Dean was referring to.

Larry - a Bay Area Nikonian
My Nikonians gallery

www.tempered-light.com

A general, generic topic mirror lockup [View all] , TheGreatMike Silver Member , Thu 13-Sep-12 08:07 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: mirror lockup