Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Got a grip? Need a favor

ZoneV

US
3564 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Got a grip? Need a favor"

ZoneV Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Jan 2005
Fri 21-Dec-12 09:54 PM | edited Fri 21-Dec-12 09:58 PM by ZoneV

This is scaring me. I'm a workout person, very recently getting into the bodybuilding thing to some extent. Your comment about having some trouble with a 70-200 for several hours at age 68 is heartbreaking. I cannot imagine that happening 40 years form now; I thought that if I got really strong over the next few years, and then kept good strength and flexibility, I would never have such problems with moderate-weight camera gear (e.g. a pro body, 70-200/2.8 and a flash unit). Or is it the joint/rotator cuff injuries that are really responsible for your fatigue these days (and not so much an issue of naturally diminished strength due to aging)? Because, if a former bodybuilder's upper body strength is normally that diminished over time, I can only imagine what would happen to a non-fitness/weight training enthusiast as they age (which is why I believe fitness is essential...to protect us from such issues to an extent as we get older).

Nikon user since 2000

A general, generic topic Got a grip? Need a favor [View all] , PerroneFord Silver Member , Mon 22-Oct-12 05:58 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Got a grip? Need a favor