Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Questions regarding the D600

MotoMannequin

Livermore, CA, US
8582 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM

"RE: Questions regarding the D600"

MotoMannequin Awarded for his extraordinary skills in landscape and wildlife photography Registered since 11th Jan 2006
Thu 13-Sep-12 07:31 PM

1) I expect the answer to this question is "yes" since the D7000 allows programming the AE-L button as AF-ON, and the D600 looks for the most part to be a D7000 with a 24MP FX sensor.

2) You can work with your DX lenses in crop mode (10.3MP) or shoot in FX mode and take your chances on the corners (your 35mm DX is reported to work ok on FX and 11-16 might work at 16mm, but generally I'm not a fan of this even if you don't get black corners, the corner quality will be shaded and really poor). The 50mm f/1.8 is an FX lens. As a single upgrade point, the Tokina 17-35mm f/4 is a reasonably priced option that nicely fills the gap from ultra-wide to 35mm focal lengths, which pretty much covers you up to your 50mm.

Larry - a Bay Area Nikonian
My Nikonians gallery

www.tempered-light.com

A general, generic topic Questions regarding the D600 [View all] , melindapfeiffer , Thu 13-Sep-12 05:21 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Questions regarding the D600