Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

U1/U2 vs. Custom Banks

KnightPhoto

Alberta, CA
4962 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: U1/U2 vs. Custom Banks"

KnightPhoto Gold Member Nikonian since 18th Dec 2006
Mon 12-Nov-12 07:07 AM

Will,

We have been complaining about the lack of exposure mode setting with U1/U2 for two years, since the D7K came out. It is the one piece of the puzzle that forces you to adapt to the camera, and therefore it took me at least 6 months to adapt to the D7000. And yes absolutely if I could reutilize P, S, and Scene modes I would end up with U3 - U5 which would be fantastic.

On the plus side, U1/U2 allows one to memorize a default exposure compensation and many other settings so I ended up preferring U1/U2 to Custom/Settings banks.

One final thing, I found it helpful thinking of PASM as a single U3 mode as they share all the remaining settings on the camera.

Best regards, SteveK

'A camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera.' -- Dorothea Lange
My Nikonians gallery
My Nikonians Blog

A general, generic topic U1/U2 vs. Custom Banks [View all] , MotoMannequin Awarded for his extraordinary skills in landscape and wildlife photography , Thu 13-Sep-12 04:32 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: U1/U2 vs. Custom Banks