Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

U1/U2 vs. Custom Banks

jadiniz

Estoril, PT
350 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: U1/U2 vs. Custom Banks"

jadiniz Registered since 25th Dec 2010
Sun 11-Nov-12 10:34 AM

I realize the implementation of U1/U2 may not be perfect/adequate/sufficient to all needs and users. To those, just ignore them the way so many snobly ignore Scene, Auto and P modes. But having these is much better than having nothing.

To other users, U1/U2 are just great.

On my D7000, I used U1 as a "strobist" set, manual exposure mode, Fn button to recall flash commander modes, other small details. U2 was set also for manual mode, but with AutoISO enabled, thus making it a mode much like A or S, where you have two control wheels setting two sides of the exposure triangle, and the camera adjusting the third parameter. This one was quite usefull for tele work under difficult lighting.

As soon as I got my D600, in a couple of minutes I had all my favorite settings dialed in as in the D7000.

As a disclaimer, I have never shot a camera with Custom Banks. If I had, perhaps my opinion would be different. I'm just saying that, although I acknowledge the limitations of U1/U2, they are still very helpfull for some people.

http://egozarolho.blogspot.com
1. Good content, good aesthetics and good tecnique. On that order.
2. Light is more important than glass and pixels.
3. In the digital photography process, software is as important as gear.

A general, generic topic U1/U2 vs. Custom Banks [View all] , MotoMannequin Awarded for his extraordinary skills in landscape and wildlife photography , Thu 13-Sep-12 04:32 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: U1/U2 vs. Custom Banks