Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

U1/U2 vs. Custom Banks

DeanAZ

Phoenix, US
4176 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: U1/U2 vs. Custom Banks"

DeanAZ Gold Member Expert nature photographer Nikonian since 28th Apr 2007
Fri 14-Sep-12 05:47 AM | edited Fri 14-Sep-12 05:50 AM by DeanAZ

A workaround for me on my D7K is the use of SD cards to store my pseudo-shooting banks and then move the correct card to slot 1 and load the settings. This would also work for the D600 I guess.

I have one card set up with my default normal settings and one in the other slot set for a timelapse optimized configuration. The biggest advantage for me is to load the base mode from the SD card and know exactly how my camera is configured instantly without the need to go through the extensive menus to verify I'm where I want to be.

I use U1 as my green dot mode and I have U2 set up for bracketing in A mode for landscapes. I wish I was not constrained as you do and most of my shooting ends up in the PSAM modes. The U1/U2 settings are not changed when loading from the SD card on the D7000 and I'm sure the D600 will work the same way.

The D600 sure looks like a FX D7000 to me.

Dean
Phoenix, Arizona USA

Time-Lapse: Vimeo-Dean Andersen

A general, generic topic U1/U2 vs. Custom Banks [View all] , MotoMannequin Awarded for his extraordinary skills in landscape and wildlife photography , Thu 13-Sep-12 04:32 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: U1/U2 vs. Custom Banks