Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

U1/U2 vs. Custom Banks

WildIsle

CA
650 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: U1/U2 vs. Custom Banks"

WildIsle Silver Member Nikonian since 06th Jan 2010
Thu 13-Sep-12 08:09 PM | edited Thu 13-Sep-12 08:09 PM by WildIsle

I can't remember if the D100 had custom banks but the D200 did and ever since they's been available I've diligently dived in on purchasing a new body and set up a couple of custom settings.. oh.. maybe portrait, action, landscape etc...

and about there it ended. This feature has never really worked for me. If the settings are radically different (and they easily can be) there's a huge risk of picking up the camera in situation A forgetting that it was set last time for situation B. Unless you are a painfully methodical photographer and have a memory as sharp as a razor using custom settings means checking every time you pick it up.

Yes I will experiment with U1 & U2 ( I haven't added a D7000 so this feature has so far passed me by), but this is enlightening hearing your experience with it. Sounds like exposure mode needs to be added as a menu setting - why wouldn't it be??

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic U1/U2 vs. Custom Banks [View all] , MotoMannequin Awarded for his extraordinary skills in landscape and wildlife photography , Thu 13-Sep-12 04:32 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: U1/U2 vs. Custom Banks